Shooting facilities include a 16-position covered range with berms at 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200 and 300 yards/meters. Both wooden and cement benches are provided.
A separate covered range has benches for standing and berms with target frames at 25, 50 and 75 feet. There is an archery course of 7 targets with back- drop's laid out through the woods with up to 3 marked shooting distances per target.
We do not offer hourly rates. Club Rental is offered to members only.
Amenities include a rustic club house, camping area, a picnic shelter and toilets.
We are an NRA and CMP (#037005) affiliated club.
Safety Rules for 300 Yard Berm.
1. The TOP PRIORITY is to assure that no bullets leave the property.
2. Have your rifle zeroed in at 200 yards before advancing to the 300-yard line.
3. The first 3 bays on the right side are to be used for the 300-yard berm. Preferred positions are ①, ②, ③, as marked. This will minimize cross fire and allow 25- and 50-yard targets to be shot from benches farther-right.
4. It is recommended when shooting at 300-yards to shoot from a bench or prone position, only.
5. If you have no idea where your bullet is impacting you need to STOP and move to a closer berm.
6. If you drive down range, park at the 200-yard berm so people see that you are there.
Our membership calendar year goes from October 1 to September 30. Membership includes member, spouse, and children aged 22 and younger who are in school full time. Member and spouse must live at the same address as shown on Photo IDs. Forms needed are one completed application per family and waivers and safety forms for all family members. A photo ID is required (Driver’s License or Concealed Carry) for everyone of age. All new members must complete a safety class prior to shooting at the range.
General Sequence for Joining
1. All forms must be completed, (application, multiple waivers and safety forms) and sent in to be processed.
2. Provide copies of photo IDs (Driver’s License or Concealed Carry)
3. Mail a check or money order (made out to Black Creek Gun Club) with the above information to the P.O. Box provided. Please do not send cash in the mail.
4. Once all required items are received, you will be sent a Membership Card and instructions on how to schedule a safety class for you and your included family members.
5. Once you and your family members have completed your Safety Class you will be given the gate combination; so you can come and go as you please. The club is open 24/7. Once in a while, the club will be closed for scheduled events, maintenance or work days.
Membership Costs to join- $125.00, (this includes a $25.00 application fee). Cost for renewal is $100.00 per year, per family. Please note: All forms and photo IDs are required, yearly, upon renewal. Active-Duty Police get a 25% discount off of annual membership.
1. Once you complete the application process, you will be given a Membership Card; you must have this card with you on site and be shown upon request by any club member.
2. The gate at the highway is to be kept closed at all times except during sanctioned matches.
3. The inner locked gate needs to be closed and locked when the last person leaves. Turn the tumbler; so the gate combination is not left on the lock.
4. All members and their guests must sign in the log book when they arrive and when you leave. Please neatly complete all requested information.
5. Guest Policy - A member is allowed to bring no more than two guests at a time. This guest is only allowed to come twice, total, not per year. A member and their included family members can still only bring two guests, per family, not two guests each. All guests must sign in the log book and complete a waiver prior to shooting at the range. Members must stay with their guests at all times and are responsible for their actions. A member may not bring a guest to the club who is a former member or has been there with someone else as a guest.
6. Eye and ear protection must be worn at the firing line; eyeglasses are acceptable.
7. Every bullet must impact a berm. If you are shooting and you do not know where your bullet is impacting, you need to STOP, and move to a closer berm.
8. All targets must be either on the rails or frames or on the ground in front of a berm. Do not put any target on the berms or walk on the berms. No tracer ammunition.
9. No glass targets.
10. No alcoholic drinks on the property. Do not come on property inebriated. Membership will be immediately revoked. No refund will be given.
11. Keep firearms pointed down range. All fire arms must be in a safe condition unless they are being fired.
12. No handling weapons or magazines at the firing line while people are down range.
13. No more than 10 rounds loaded at a time except during approved matches.
14. No fully automatic weapons allowed; this includes bump-fire stocks.
15. Leave the range cleaner than you found it.
16. Make sure the line is safe before going down range.
17. Convicted felons are NOT allowed on BCGC property.
*Failure to follow all rules could result in injury, death, imprisonment or expulsion from the club. No refunds will be given.
There is a first-aid kit in the club house; please let us know if you use anything; so we will know to replenish the supply. Our 911 Address is posted on the club house door.
We do not supply targets; you must bring your own.
There is no electricity on the property, however, during matches we run a generator. We have fans running on the long range and air-conditioning in the club house. During cold months the clubhouse is heated with a wood-burning fireplace.
There is no running water on site. However; should you forget to bring a drink there are bottles of water in the club house. These are donated, so if you take some, just bring some back the next time you come.
Guest Policy - Members are allowed to bring guests to show them the club and our amenities as well as introduce them to the shooting sports. When their two visits are complete, they should be encouraged to join the club. A member is allowed to bring no more than two guests at a time. This guest is only allowed to come twice, total, not per year. A member and their included family members can only bring two guests, per family, not two guests each. All guests must sign in the log book and complete a waiver prior to shooting at the range. Members must stay with their guests at all times and are responsible for their actions. A member may not bring a guest to the club who is a former member or has been there with someone else as a guest
PLEASE NOTE THE SCHEDULE UNDER UPCOMING EVENTS.
Organized matches are generally held on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Saturdays of the month. Please see details below. The club is open during all matches; members and guests can use the side range, archery range or join in the fun of the matches.
First Saturday - Military
This event is held every first Saturday of the month and starts at approximately 9 AM. There is a small fee. You will need an as-issued military-style weapon to compete. You will be shooting at a paper target set at 200 meters from standard military positions of prone and standing. It is a 30-round match with time allotted for sighter rounds.
Second Saturday - IHMSA
On the 2nd Saturday of most months, the club holds sanctioned IHMSA matches which are open to non-members. IHMSA (the International Handgun Metallic Silhouette Association) involves precision handgun shooting at distances from 25 to 200 yards depending on the particular course of fire with targets in the shapes of chickens, pigs, turkeys and rams. If you are not familiar with IHMSA, please contact us or stop in during a match. Bring whatever handgun that you can shoot most accurately, and 50 rounds of ammo and we will hook you up with the appropriate steel targets. There is a small fee to cover the costs including target setters.
Third Saturday - Rifle Match
This match, as all our matches starts at 9AM; the ending time varies due to the number of shooters. This event is held every 3rd Saturday of most months. There is a small fee per event. For this match you will need a .22 rifle, with or without a scope and at least 45 rounds of ammo. You will be shooting at steel silhouettes which are various sizes (of animals) and distances from 25 yards to 200 meters. After this event there is a 50-yard Bench Rest Match; you will need a .22 rifle with a scope and a stable rest. You will be shooting at a paper target set at 50 yards which has 25 small bullseyes. You can shoot them in any order but must only put one shot in each bullseye to get scored. This is a timed event but you have plenty of time to complete shooting. There is a small fee to help cover the cost of the targets.
Membership and Waiver forms are required for all members of the club.
CALENDAR YEAR 2022
April 9, IHMSA Match; April 16 Rifle Match
May 7, Military Match; May 14, IHMSA Match and General Member Meeting (12:00), May 21, Rifle Match
June 4, Military Match; June 11, IHMSA Match; June 18, Rifle Match
July 2, Military Match; July 9, IHMSA Match; July 16, Rifle Match
August 6, Military Match; August 13, IHMSA Match (State FP & PH); August 20, Rifle Match
Sept 3, Military Match; Sept 9-11, IHMSA STATE Match (SB & FS); Sept. 17 Rifle Match
Oct 1, Military Match. Oct 7-9, IHMSA STATE Match (BB & HS); Oct. 15, Rifle Match
Nov 5, Military Match. Nov 12, IHMSA Match & Family Fun Shoot.
DECEMBER EVENTS TO BE ANNOUNCED
* Membership Renewals Due By September 30
Street Address: 4480 Patrick-Society Hill Road, Hartsville SC 29550
Black Creek Gun Club
Hartsville, SC 29551
Copyright © 2022 Black Creek Gun Club - All Rights Reserved.